Fun for Kids: Science Experiments for Preschoolers
Teach your child a love of science early by trying one of our easy and not so messy science experiments for preschoolers from The Pinterested Parent.
By Kim Uliana
Science experiments are a fun and interactive way to play and learn together. My daughter loves playing scientist. I opt for experiments with a quick set-up and clean up.
Oil and water experiments are a great one to do with your child. It’s easy and the ingredients are usually readily available. We all know that oil and water don’t mix. Here is a fun & colorful way to teach this fun fact to our kids.
What you will need
- Cooking oil
- Liquid food coloring
- In a large mixing bowl add some oil.
- Add some water and some food coloring to a squirt bottle.
- Give your child the squirt bottle and let them squirt in the colored mixture a little at a time.
- Watch the reaction of the oil and water and watch the reaction on your little one’s face.
Go a step further
- For more fun with oil and water, use a clean empty bottle, fill it ¼ of the way with water and the rest of the way with oil.
- Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Break an Alka Seltzer tablet into small pieces.
- Drop a piece of tablet into the bottle.
- Watch as it causes the food coloring to bubble up like a lava lamp.